The Fort Walton Beach Library is a Passport Acceptance Facility. If you need to get a passport, please call the library to make an appointment.
Appointments are available Monday through Friday.
Walk-ins are not accepted. Also, we do not take passport photos.
We look forward to assisting you with your passport needs and helping you prepare for your travel adventures.
Who needs a passport?
Every citizen of the United States, independent of age (even newborn infants) is required to have a valid passport when traveling outside the United States. More information regarding passports may be found at the U.S. Passports website.
Requirements to apply for a U.S. Passport
- Age 16 or Older: Follow these steps to get your first passport
- Under age 16: Apply for a Child Under 16
- Acceptable Proof of Identity: Learn more about the acceptable identification
- Acceptable Proof of Citizenship: Learn more about acceptable proof of citizenship
- Social Security Number: A social security number is required for all passport applications regardless of the age of the applicant.
- Provide one Passport Photo: Visit the U.S. Department of State Passport Photos
Learn more about current passport fees for adults and children. Two separate payments are required: U.S. Department of State (check or money order only) and the Fort Walton Beach Library (check or money order only).
Check Application Status
Get your application status after your passport has been processed by the library.
Check the U.S. Department of State Renew by Mail webpage to see if you can renew your passport by mail. If you are not eligible to renew by mail, please call the library to make an appointment to apply in person.