We are hiring. Visit the Employment Opportunities page. We are an equal-opportunity employer.
The Police Department is responsible for protecting and promoting community safety, ensuring the safe and orderly movement of traffic, and seeking solutions to any problems that threaten the quality of life in the City of Fort Walton Beach. Through its community policing initiative, the Department uses innovative approaches to problem-solving and crime prevention. Click the links to the left for more information.
The Fort Walton Beach Police Department is a full-service Department. The Department operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. The Department maintains a Patrol Division, Community Policing Unit, Criminal Investigation Division, Crime Scene Investigation, Special Weapons and Tactics Team, Hostage Negotiation Team, Gang Suppression Unit, K-9 Unit, Police Recruitment Unit, Background Investigations Unit, Honor Guard and other support services.
- How do I apply for employment with the Police Department?
- How do I recover my personal property from the Police Department?
- I am going out of town. Can I have an Officer check on my house while I’m gone?
- I need to be fingerprinted for a professional license or job requirement. Where can I get this done?
- I’ve been involved in a traffic crash and want a copy of the Police Report, what do I do?
- What does the Police Department do with found property that is turned in by the public or submitted by officers?
- Who can I call to get information pertaining to home/business security?