I’ve been involved in a traffic crash and want a copy of the Police Report, what do I do?

Completed TRAFFIC CRASH reports are usually available the next business day and may be obtained by the following methods:

WEBSITE: www.buycrash.com (Recommended)

This vendor is the central repository for crash reports from all law enforcement agencies throughout the state. They may be contacted toll free at: 866-847-1301.

BY MAIL: Send payment of $2.00 to:

Ft Walton Beach Police Dept, 7 Hollywood Bl, N.E. Ft Walton Beach, FL 32548              Include pertinent information, name, date and location of crash, and contact information. Reports can be returned by mail, (include a self-addressed stamped envelope) or email, (include email address).

IN PERSON: During normal business hours, for a fee of .15 cents per page.

Please call in advance to ensure the report you are interested in is complete. Providing the case number will assist the clerk in retrieving the report.

The Records Section is open Monday through Thursday 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Friday 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. You can contact the Records Section with any questions at (850) 833-9900 or email inquiries to records@fwb.org.

How do I apply for employment with the Police Department?

Employment information, applications and pre-employment questionnaires can be obtained from the Human Resources Department. They can be reached at (850)-833-9500  ext 39507, or request by mail at:

City of Fort Walton Beach
Attn: Human Resource
107 Miracle Strip Parkway SW
Fort Walton Beach, Florida 32548-6614

Return completed application, pre-employment questionnaire and resume’ to the Human Resources Department.

City of Fort Walton Beach Employment Application

Police Officer Pre-Employment Questionnaire 

Communication Officer Pre-Employment Questionnaire


Who can I call to get information pertaining to home/business security?

Call the Crime Prevention Officer and make an appointment for a home/business security survey. The Crime Prevention Officer can be reached at (850)-833-9900 ext 39558. The Crime Prevention Officer is available for a wide range of information on topics such as personnel safety, shoplifting prevention and detection, home/business security survey, to name just a few.


I need to be fingerprinted for a professional license or job requirement. Where can I get this done?

The Police Department does fingerprinting for the public. There is a $5.00 fee for this service. Fingerprint cards are not supplied.


What does the Police Department do with found property that is turned in by the public or submitted by officers?

The Department stores found property located by officers or dropped off by citizens in our Evidence Section. Florida Statutes require the property to be held by the Department for 90 days, after which time the property is destroyed or donated to not-for-profit organizations. The Police Department posts found property lists for public viewing for two weeks in the lobby of the Police Department. For more information, contact Evidence Tech. Mercier at (850) 833-9900  ext 5.


How do I recover my personal property from the Police Department?

If you need to recover any property held by the Department, you can contact the Evidence Section and speak to Evidence Tech. Mercier at (850) 833-9900  ext 5,  Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.


I am going out of town. Can I have an Officer check on my house while I’m gone?

Yes! The Police Department offers Security Checks. You can complete a Security Check form and bring it to the Police Department. Your address is placed on a list of addresses that Officers will check during the course of their shift.

Click here for the Security Check Form


What is the RUOK system?

The Are You Okay program (RUOK) is a free service provided by the Police Department to help ensure the safety of our elderly Citizens who live alone. If someone or someone you know fits the criteria and would like to be enrolled into the program, they can contact the Police Department for more information or complete the necessary form. Once the form is completed, it can be sent by email or can be dropped off at the Police Department.

Once the person is enrolled into the program, they will receive a computer generated call on a daily basis at a designated time, which they choose. If there is no answer an alert is received at the Police Department and an officer will be sent to check on the person’s welfare.

Click here for the Are You Okay? form