Located within the Indian Temple Mound Museum, the Research Library contains over 1400 books and magazines, videos, and archives waiting to help you with research and general information. Staff and volunteers are in the process of cataloguing the entire collection electronically to better suit researchers’ needs.
Hours and Use
The research library is open during normal museum operating hours and is a non-lending library. Library may be off limits during events or when staff is limited. A copy machine is available for use ($0.10 per copy).
- Native American topics in general
- Native American foods and medicine
- Native American culture
- Mound Builders
- Teacher information
- Archaeological sites and archaeology
- Arhcaeology sites outside of the United States
- Area History
- First contact and historic subjects
- Museums, museum management, and exhibits
- Plants and animals
- Point Identification
- Primitive skills like basketry, weaving, netting, fire making, tanning, etc.
- Videos and DVD’s on Native Americans, Civil War, museum events, etc.