To make an appointment for obtaining a passport, please call (850) 833-9590. Walk-ins will not be accepted. We do not take photos.
Who needs a passport? All U.S. citizens, including infants, departing from and entering the United States from outside the United States. Information regarding the passport and visa requirements of foreign countries, and their respective fees, may be found at www.travel.state.gov.
Where may I apply for a U.S. Passport? Acceptance Facility locations and hours of operation
Requirements to apply for a U.S. Passport:
- Age 16 or Older: Follow these steps to get your first passport
- Under age 16: See the special requirements for minors under 16
- Acceptable Proof of Identity: Click here for acceptable identification
- Acceptable Proof of Citizenship: Click here for acceptable proof of citizenship
- Social Security Number: A social security number is required for all passport applications regardless of the age of the applicant.
- Provide One Passport Photo: Click here to see the U.S. Department of State Requirements
Fees: Click here for current passport fees for adults and minors; Two (2) separate payments are required: U.S. Department of State (check or money order only) and the Fort Walton Public Library (check, money order, or cash only).
Passport Customer Service (877) 487-2778; www.travel.state.gov
Monday – Friday Appointment Only, please call (850) 833-9590; no onsite photo available
For questions after your passport has been processed by an Acceptance Agency, or to check the status, call the National Passport Agency at (877) 487-2778 or visit check your application status online.