About Us

About Us

FWBFD is a fully career FD made up of 33 line Firefighters and an administrative staff consisting of Chief, Administrative Coordinator, Fire Marshal, and a logistics Captain. The City of Fort Walton Beach Fire Department was established in 1941 with an all-volunteer force and operated as such until 1954 when the first fire chief was hired. The City FD operated as a combination department until the early 80’s when the department transformed into a fully career department. The very first fire station the City operated was located downtown on First Street. It was moved in the mid 50’s and is currently in service as station 6 located on Hollywood Boulevard in Downtown FWB.

A second station was opened up on the north part of the city in 1974 and houses Engine Co. 7. The City FD operates under an automatic aid agreement with 7 other fire departments, 4 of which cover the FWB metro area of approximately 120,000.

Today, the City’s FD Station 6 is staffed with:
-a Truck company (TRUCK CO. 6) staffed with 4
-a Rescue (RESCUE 6) staffed with 2
-a Battalion Chief (BATTALION 6) that runs out of the downtown station 6.

City’s FD Station 7 houses one Engine Company (ENGINE CO. 7) and is staffed with 4.

FWBFD is Non-Transport Advanced Life Support Service and runs a minimum of one paramedic on the companies at all times.