Once you set up bank draft or recurring credit card payments (AutoPay), your payment is automatically made for you. There’s nothing to remember or worry about because your bill is paid automatically and on time. Recurring credit card or bank draft features make paying your bill simple and convenient. And the most important benefit of all is that you don’t have to REMEMBER to make the payment!!!
- How do I sign up? Recurring Credit Card and Bank Draft can be set up directly online. You will need your water bill for account information. Click on “Set up AutoPay Services” below. Enter your account number including the hyphen (12345-67890) and your PIN. Select AutoPay and follow the directions. If you have not created a PIN, select ‘Create Password’ and follow the directions.
- You can also download and fill out the bank draft application form from the link below “Download a Bank Draft Application” and return to the Customer Service Division at City Hall along with a voided check. Or, mail the completed application and a voided check to: City of Fort Walton Beach, Customer Service Division, 107 Miracle Strip Parkway SW, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548. If you have any questions regarding recurring credit card or bank draft, please call 850-833-9500.
- How will I know how much is paid by credit card or bank draft? You will continue to receive a monthly bill. The ‘Total Due’ will be paid by your credit card company or deducted from your bank account on the ‘Due Date’ shown on your bill. If bank draft is used, be sure to deduct the ‘Total Due’ from your bank book balance!
- What if I have a question about my bill? Call the Customer Service Division at 850-833-9500 before the ‘Due Date’ and we will answer any questions you may have. The earlier you call with questions, the greater the possibility of correcting any problems prior to payment by your credit card company or drafting your bank account.
- What record will I have showing that I paid my bill? Your credit card statement or bank statement is proof of payment.
- What if I move, change account numbers or banks, or want to discontinue AutoPay? Changes to the recurring credit card and bank draft may be made online. The information is entered for one bank and one specific account as set up by you or completed on the application. If you change account numbers or if you change banks, you must make the changes on line or complete, sign and return a new bank draft form along with a new voided check.
- Once the Recurring Credit Card or Bank Draft information has been completed on line, or the Bank Draft application has been submitted, how long before my bill will be paid by my credit card company or drafted from my bank account? With the recurring credit card and bank draft set up on line, the NEXT BILL that will be generated after you complete the setup process will be paid. Current balances will not be paid by AutoPay and must be paid by another method. If submitting the bank draft application, it may take six to eight weeks, or one to two billing cycles, before the bill is drafted from your account. Continue to pay your bill as you normally would until you see this message on your bill: ‘AUTO PAY – DO NOT PAY’.
- With recurring credit card or bank draft, you will continue to receive a monthly bill. The dollar amount on your utility bill marked ‘Total Due’ will be deducted from your bank account or credit card on the ‘Due Date’. Depending on holidays and weekends, the date the amount is deducted may be a day or two before or after the due date. There’s nothing to remember or worry about because your bill is paid automatically and on time. Recurring credit card or bank draft features make paying your bill simple and convenient. And the most important benefit of all is that you don’t have to REMEMBER to make the payment!!!