Chipley, Fla. – Drivers will encounter traffic disruptions on the following state roads in Okaloosa and Walton counties as crews perform construction and maintenance activities.
- Brooks Bridge Replacement Project – Drivers may experience traffic disruptions Sunday, Oct. 22 through Thursday, Oct. 26, between 9 p.m. and 5:30 a.m. for utility and drainage work in the following locations:
- U.S. 98 east and westbound alternating and intermittent laneclosures between Ferry Road and Pier Road.
- Santa Rosa Boulevard east and westbound alternating lane closures from east of Amberjack Drive to Ross Marler Park.
- U.S. 98 Bridge Rehabilitation over East Pass Bridge – Drivers may encounter intermittent single-lane closures on U.S. 98 over East Pass (Marler) Bridge, Sunday, Oct. 22 through Thursday, Oct. 26, between 9 p.m. and 5:30 a.m. for construction activities. The existing 35 mph speed limit will be maintained during construction.
- State Road (S.R.) 285 Resurfacing from S.R. 20 to S.R. 293 – The week of Sunday, Oct. 22, drivers may experience the following intermittent outside lane closures on southbound S.R. 285, from Adams Street to S.R. 20 (John Sims Parkway), for sidewalk work:
- Nighttime lane closures Sunday, Oct. 22 through Thursday, Oct. 26, from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Daytime lane closures Monday, Oct. 23 through Friday, Oct. 27, between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- S.R. 85 Resurfacing from North of Commerce Drive to Bill Lundy Road – Drivers may encounter intermittent outside lane closures on northbound S.R. 85, from Barnes Road to Auburn Road, Monday, Oct. 23 through Thursday, Oct. 26 for sidewalk and drainage work.
- S.R. 85 Routine Bridge Maintenance over Boggy Bayou – Motorists may encounter intermittent lane closures west of S.R. 285 Sunday, Oct. 22 and Monday, Oct. 23 from 8 p.m. to 7 a.m.for routine bridge maintenance.
- S.R. 293 Routine Bridge Inspection over Rocky Creek – Motorists may encounter intermittent lane closures north of S.R. 20 Monday, Oct. 23 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for a routine bridge inspection.
- S.R. 293 Routine Bridge Inspection over Deer Moss Creek – Motorists may encounter intermittent lane closures east of S.R. 285 Tuesday, Oct. 24 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for a routine bridge inspection.
- S.R. 293 Routine Bridge Inspection over Foxhead Branch – Motorists may encounter intermittent lane closures south of S.R. 85 Tuesday, Oct. 24 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for a routine bridge inspection.
- U.S. 98 Pedestrian Underpass at Inlet Beach – Through the end of October, drivers may encounter intermittent temporary closures of the U.S. 98 westbound left turn lanebetween 7 p.m. and 6 a.m., to allow crews to construct curb and gutter in the median.
- U.S. 98 Resurfacing from east of U.S. 331 to Peach Creek – Drivers may encounter nighttime intermittent U.S. 98 east and westbound laneclosures, Sunday, Oct. 22 through Thursday, Oct. 26, from 4 p.m. to 6 a.m. for paving operations.
- Interstate 10 Resurfacing from East of U.S. 331 to East of County Road 183 Overpass – Drivers will encounter intermittent westbound and eastbound daytime lane closures Monday, Oct. 23 through Thursday, Oct. 26 from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. for paving operations.
- S.R. 20 Routine Maintenance from U.S. 331 to County Road 883 (Old U.S. 331) – Drivers will encounter intermittent lane closures Monday, Oct. 23 through Thursday, Oct. 26from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. for drainage operations.
All activities are weather-dependent and may be delayed or rescheduled in the event of inclement weather. Drivers are reminded to use caution, especially at night, when traveling through a work zone and to watch for construction workers and equipment entering and exiting the roadway.
For more information visit the Florida Department of Transportation District Three on the web at www.nwflroads.com, follow us on Twitter @myfdot_nwfl and Instagram@myfdot_nwfl, or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/MyFDOTNWFL.