Students, the Fort Walton Beach Library is delighted to provide free proctoring services for you.
Responsibilities of you, the student:
- Kindly get in touch with the library to request proctoring services before having the exam sent to the library. You may call or email the library. Please provide your name, home or business address, telephone number, and email address (if applicable). Any exams received without prior notice and contact information from the student will be returned to the institution.
- Please verify that the proctoring conditions provided by the library meet all requirements of the institution administering the exam.
- After communicating with library staff, please arrange for the examination and instructions to be sent to the library and track its arrival. Your institution can send the exams either via email or postal service.
- Once the exam arrives, please schedule a date and time to take the exam. The test date and time must be scheduled during regular library hours. Tests should not exceed four hours in duration.
- Please arrive on time for the exam. If the student fails to comply with the agreed upon test date and time for the proctoring session, a librarian may return the examination to the institution.
The library will:
- Proctor written or online examinations. The library reserves the right to refuse proctoring if the requirements exceed staff or facility capabilities.
- Check on the student periodically, but will not be present with the student for the entire duration. The library cannot provide proctoring if the institution requires that the student be continuously monitored.